Thursday, April 19, 2007

Well, another 3 points towards (hopefully) another title.

That said, I thought the referee, Rob Stiles, had a poor game. He missed a dodgy challenge from Colin Kazim-Richards on Patrice Evra which left Evra on the ground, some challenges from Chris Morgan on United players which were rough to say the least, and a very late challenge from Heinze on Shelton which should have seen United reduced to 10 men. It was the kind of match which made me question why this guy is a FIFA-listed ref. He wasn't consistent in how he controlled the game.

Sheffield United are a physical team, but they seemed to go over the top in terms of agression. There was no attempt by Kazim-Richards to play the ball. He went over the top of the ball and into Evra's knee. Surely this should have been a yellow card at the very least? Chris Morgan led with his elbow more often than not and seemed desperate to take Ronaldo's shirt from him before the end of the game.

Don't get me wrong, gentle reader, I still hope Sheffield United beat the drop, I just think that they were too aggresive against United. Aggression born of desperation? Almost certainly, but that was too much and a better referee would have been using the red card.

Personally, I'd like Fulham, Charlton and West Ham to go. I have a soft spot for Watford. However, I think they are doomed to the Championship. I think Fulham will join them, and (hopefully) West Ham, but only because I'd like to sign Carlos Tevez in the summer.

It's certainly going to be an exciting few weeks.

No comments: