Saturday, April 28, 2007

Now I love baseball. I know it comes in for a lot of stick on both sides of the pond, but i do genuinely love it.

My team is the New York Yankees. Like Manchester United, most people seem to hate them. They've started badly this season, not like most years, and are some way behind the Boston Red Sox in the American League East.

However, the revalation has been Alex Rodriguez (A-Rod). He has produced average numbers during his first 3 seasons in New York, but this April, he's numbers have been awesome. In a season, a good player hits 40 - 50 home runs. A-Rod has hit 14 in April and the season lasts until October. I know he can't continue to perform at this level, but with a little luck, the Yankees will start to pick up.

With a little more luck, Roger Clemens will sign back with the Yankees in May. Even at 44, he would be a hell of an addition to the bullpen.

Take me out to the ballgame.

No comments: