Friday, May 04, 2007

Oh well, another election night comes and goes.

It was a first for me. Normally, I'm heavily involved in the election for the local Labour Party, be it Council Election, European Elections or a General Election.

However, after the General Election of 2005, I took a decision that I would do nothing for the Labour Party until that tosser Tony Blair stepped down as Leader. I can't stick the bloke. I think he is false and I take comfort from the fact that I didn't vote for him.

Anyway, back to the plot. I didn't do anything, and went to bed without really glancing at the results.

I can't say I'm surprised by the result in Scotland. The Labour Party had it coming. I'm not convinced that it is a permanent state of affiars, and I think there will be a swing away from the SNP in the next General Election, especially if there is a Scottish PM.

I did take great pleasure in the result in the City of York though. The Liberal Democrats there took a beating. The people of York really brought the events of the last 4 years on themselves by voting those prats in in the first place. I'm glad that they came to their senses and voted most of them off. It just goes to show that politically, we are like sheep, and always follow the flock, and always thinkt that the grass is greener on the other side.

Anyway, with a little luck, Blair will be gone in a few weeks and I can get involved in local politics again.

Before I sign off though, I should say, for the record, that the Liberals took Cottingham South and Labour was beaten into 3rd place. Still, at least I've got something to spend the next 4 years on!

No comments: