Saturday, May 05, 2007

Another 3 points, and just as importantly, a Derby win against City.

There are some teams you just love to beat, and City are one of those for me. I can't stand them. It's something to do with being brought up as a United fan.

I was disappointed with the ref. He kept 'missing' Michael Ball's blatant attempts to foul Ronaldo. He missed the stamp by Ball on Ronaldo in the 3rd minute and just about everything after that. Even the foul for which he gave a penalty should also have had a yellow card with it.
Michael Ball has joined the list of players that I loathe. His bullying tactics at the start of the game where way over the top and I hope the FA / Manchester City take action. Deliberately stamping on a player's chest when they are lying on the ground is not acceptable. Earlier in the season, Thatcher was banned for his foul on Mendes and I hope there is a similar ban here. Ball could have done a lot of damage to Ronaldo.

Anyway, I hope that Arsenal and Chelsea is a nice draw tomorrow, which would mean that we can go to Stamford Bridge on Wednesday night as the new Champions, which would really piss a lot of Chavski fans off. It would go someway to making up for a lacklustre performance on Wednesday night.

With a little luck, by tea-time tomorrow, we'll have our trophy back!

No comments: