Thursday, April 20, 2006

Well, I've done it again, I guess. 2 and a half months without writing anything. Now, write out 1000 times, I must update my blog.
OK, punishment over. Let's bring the last few weeks up-to-date.....

I've agreed to sell the house, for nearly the asking price. Actually, the sale agreed weeks ago, but with one thing and another, it's taken it's time. Hopefully though, I should be out of there in a little over two weeks. Sarah's house has also gone on the market, so with a little bit of luck, we could be buying somewhere by the summer. We've seen a couple of houses which we like, but neither of which was "the one". We'll keep looking though, and I'm sure we will find the right house.
That said, it's amazing what some people are asking for their homes. I saw one property the other week which I reckon was £20k over the asking price. It does make you think.

The band played at the North of England Area Finals in the middle of march. We played very, very well on the stage and came 3rd. Sadly, this means that we miss out on a place at the National Finals, which was very disappointing. There were a lot of people in the hall who thought we should have finished higher up the placings, but that's competitions for you. We're now looking forward to the Spring Festival and the Senior Cup in Blackpool on 13th May. Hopefully we can finish in the top 4 and get promoted back to the Grand Shield for 2007. The test-piece is Harmony Music, which isn't easy. It will certainly sort the wheat from the chaff.

I spent a large part of March on the road with work. The end of March sees the end of our Financial Year, and so I was busy with stocktakes. I covered about 3500 miles in 3 weeks, covering sites from Millerhill and Portabello near Edinburgh down to Westbury in Wiltshire and Eastleigh on the South Coast. I did see some fantastic scenary. I'd forgotten just how beautiful some parts of our country can be. That said, I was happy to hand the car keys back at the end of it all. I'll be starting my travels again in the middle of next month.... I can't wait!!

No comments: