Monday, April 24, 2006

I'm never moving again after this time. I've got a headache from the stress of selling. My buyer is wanting to come and measure up, but he's not even signed the damn contract yet. This whole process has been a pain in the arse from start to finish. Let me tell you, you know whether you love somebody or not if you are prepared to sell your house for them!

I've spoken to the Estate Agents, who tells me that he wants to come tomorrow and measure up. He also wants £2k off the asking price because the surveyor reckoned it was over-valued. Sure, the surveyor also reckoned that the chimney breast needed supporting properly and that the chimney stack needed repairing. So, I'm paying for the chimney stack to be repaired, and a structural engineer looked at the chimney breast and reckoned there was nothing wrong with it, so how does that equate to a reduction in price?

On a more positive note, I took George to see Hull City play Preston at the weekend. Considering he is only five, he really got into it. City were unlucky not to win the game. As a neutral, I really wasn't impressed by Preston. I can't see them even getting past Leeds in the play-offs. God help them if they got promoted to the Premiership. They won't last five minutes and will come down with fewer points that Sunderland got this season! Anyway, George led the DeVries family stand in cheering. There were so many sullen faces around the stand it was untrue.

On the way back, we passed the cemetery. George asked me whether I believe in Jesus. I answered that I didn't and was rewarded with "Why not?". How do you explain relative theology to a five year old?

Band last night was more enjoyable. The band are making steady progress with Harmony Music and I've every confidence that we can get a good result. There will be some other bands there who are capable of doing well, especially Newstead Welfare and Jaguar (Coventry) who did really well at the recent Midlands Area Finals (coming 1st and 2nd) and Wingates who came 4th in the North West Area Finals against a very strong field, but I think we will surprise a lot of people and I'll be disappointed if we don't get back into the Grand Shield next year. Apparently, we will be going to the Leicester contest in the middle of November which will be strange since it is held at Guthlaxton College which is my dad's old school.

Speaking of my dad, he ran the London Marathon yesterday in a little over 5 hours. We're all very proud of him, especially George who has been telling people that he is going to win it.

On a sporting note, I see that the Habs won their first playoff match against Carolina 6-1. What a a great start. Most of the other series' have been levelled at 1-1 in the the second game so here's hoping that we don't go the same way tonight. The Yankees did well though over the weekend, winning 2 out of 3 against Baltimore (who are top of the AL East). Maybe the Bronx Bombers are kicking into life? I certainly hope so as I need something to cheer me up over the summer, with United's season effectively finishing in February (OK, so one cup is better than no cup at all.).

I can't believe West Ham will be in Europe next season. They need to spend some serious money if they want to progress. I was really surprised to hear that they beat Boro, as Boro are a far better team. Maybe it was a case on one eye on Europe?

No comments: