Saturday, January 21, 2006

Well, the house is on the market, and I've had 3 viewings and 1 offer so far. I've not sold it yet, but it really is a strange feeling to be trying to sell something that you've put so much time and effort in to. The first offer wasn't anywhere near enough.

I have to admit that I find this way of doing business a little strange. I mean, I ask for a certain price and then someone else offers 5% below the asking price. I didn't take too long to think about my answer.

Anyway, I'm still gutted about last weekend's results. Firstly, the Redskins got eliminated from the play-offs by Seattle. Still, at least we are getting stronger season by season and maybe next year Joe Gibbs can take us to the Championship game. More importantly though, I can't believe that United lost to City, and Ronaldo got sent off! I just hope we can restore some pride by beating Liverpool tomorrow. Although Ferguson strengthened the defence, it still didn't look stable against City.

The band played a concert over in Wigan last Sunday night. We enjoyed it, although there were some silly little slips in places. However, I get the booby prize for forgetting my music. I can't believe I did it, but there we go. I was rushing to get my stuff on the bus and forgot that the pad was on the front seat. Prize idiot! That said, I was rehearsing with the Northern All-Star Band at the Reg Vardy bandroom on Wednesday night. I must confess to looking forward to playing at the Sage on Sunday afternoon. The band sounds really good in places, albeit a little under-rehearsed. These are the kind of events that I play in a band for, so I'm going to make the most of it, even though it means a whole day banding, when it could be better spent with Sarah.

No comments: