Friday, February 26, 2010

Peter Rabbit

I've got this song floating around in my head now (should that be rattling around?) Thea has learnt the song "Peter Rabbit has a fly upon his nose" which is sung to the tune of Battle Hymn of the Republic. In a nutshell it goes:

Peter Rabbit has a fly upon his nose
Peter Rabbit has a fly upon his nose
Peter Rabbit has a fly upon his nose
And he flipped it and he flapped it till the fly flew away.

Floppy ears and curly whiskers
Floppy ears and curly whiskers
Floppy ears and curly whiskers
And he flipped it and he flapped it till the fly flew away.

She runs around the living room singing selected words from the song (e.g "Peter Rabbit...fly....nose."), and I know I'm biased, but it is one of the cutest things I've ever seen.

The song is also terribly addictive which is why it's now stuck in my head.

Thea knows quite a lot of songs now, and sings them with the most infectious smile on her face. Even George has been known to join in, especially with the songs from Handy Manny and the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

Altogether now... "Uno, dos, tres......"

Still, I suppose it could be worse. I've woken up the last few mornings with bars from "English Heritage" by George Lloyd stuck in my head. This is the test piece for the North of England Area Finals which the band is competing in in 3 weeks time up in Darlington. We are the current North of England champions, and we'll be doing our damnedest to retain that title. The piece is a classic, but it's still not healthy to have it stuck in your head at 5.40am!

I will admit to listening to Duran Duran on the way home from work last night. Somehow, my MP3 player flipped over onto Rio and I was taken back to 1984 when I was first introduced to Simon Le Bon and the boys by Lynne Rodley. Let's face it, back then, if you were 11, it was either Wham or Duran Duran.

I must be having a little retro spell, because I also retrieved The Hunt for Red October out of the loft last night. I've just finished Patriot Games, and I had started reading Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett, but I've had to find the next Jack Ryan novel as well, so now I have 2 books on the go (3 if you count The Murder of Napoleon).

Anyway, Peter Rabbit still has a fly upon his nose, and the Good Fairy is cross with Little Rabbit Foo-Foo. Oh to be a parent!

No comments: